Monday, February 4, 2008

Oh! Oh! Oh!!!

I've known for a bit that galley copies (ARCs) of Up and Down the Scratchy Mountains had gone out, and I even saw a photo a friend took, of one on the Random House table at ALA.

But this morning I saw this tidbit (from the lovely Sara Lewis Holmes) and now I am rejoicing to see that the ARC is actually in the hands of a real live reader, (besides my mom), none other than Anamaria Anderson of Books Together!

This may not seem like a big deal to anyone else, but it is. Because here's the thing-- I didn't write the book to be published, I wrote the book to be READ. So far, I've had all manner of interesting experiences, but it has not been read.

This, the idea that I wrote a story, and now people will read it, and hopefully be entertained... THAT is the big brass ring for me.

Thank you Sara, and Anamaria!!!


Anamaria (bookstogether) said...

My only regret is that I didn't get to take the ARC home! I very much wanted to--it looks like a book I would love (I love the cover already!). Congratulations to you--the brass ring is in your hand!

Sara said...

Anamaria, I stole it after you had to leave early. I'll pass it on to you, I promise!

SmartlikeStreetcar said...

I'm excited that you're so excited... It's so charming! We'll most certainly be buying a copy, and probably giving a few as gifts too... Hope 2008 is a wonderful year of thrills like this one!

Tempest in a Teapot said...

Many, many congratulations. That's such exciting news!